This is the last post in my North Star November series….a soul centered discussion about depression. Each day this month, I’ll be sharing a piece of my soul’s journey, along with a free pattern to thank you for taking part in such an important conversation! Go back to Day 29 by clicking here.
There is always a light in the darkness – we need only look for it along the way.
Thank you for braving this hard month with me. Thank you for being willing to lean in on tough topics, to open up and share, and to hold space amidst the darkness. Throughout the month, you’ve helped me to clarify thoughts and to identify new passions. What a gift.
I’d like to finish up with something fun to help bring just a tad more light into this month of transition.
Who wants to win some yarn??
I’d also like to leave you with a list of a few resources I’ve found truly beneficial during my healing journey. These are all things that seemed to come to me just at the right time. Like the universe was guiding me on my path.
I’d like to share that guidance with you….perhaps you’ll find it useful too. I’m not an affiliate for any of these products…I use them in my own life, and have found benefit in them, which is why I’m sharing.
I talked a lot about mindfulness and meditation during this series.
These are not practices which we find commonplace in Western culture. Which means it can be CRAZY helpful to have a guide who can help you learn and get started.
Which brings me to my sister…..
If you like me, then you’ll LOVE her. She’s an incredible yoga instructor and meditation guide….and she works online!! We’ve done a private yoga session together once a week and it’s a great opportunity to practice feeling into your body and living mindfully.
Valerie embodies a wealth of loving kindness and being a sensitive soul herself, she’s highly in tune with your needs. Whether you choose to do some yoga or to meditate with her, you’ll be so happy to have her regular presence in your life. The actual practice is of course hugely beneficial, but her compassionate spirit adds to the value immensely. I love my sister….you will too.
I also find it incredibly useful to have a supportive book on hand.
The two books which have pretty much revolutionized my way in the world over the past few months are The Power of Now and Breaking the Habit of Being Yourself. Both of these books go deep into how beneficial it is for us to focus on what’s actually right in front of us, right now.
Since anxiety can be caused by too much future thought, and depression can be caused by too much past thought, tapping into the present moment can make a HUGE difference to the way you relate to the world.
I can’t say enough about private coaching.
Susan, my relationship coach, has not only been helping me find my authenticity and empowerment, but she’s also done wonders for my relationship with Nick and the way we’ve been communicating. Nick and I have both been working with her one and one, and through quite a process, we’ve found our way back to each other. We’re now more equipped (boy does Susan teach you skills!!) to handle our own emotional issues and perceptions than we’ve ever been. In turn we’re appreciating each other as unique individuals more than ever before.
Susan isn’t just a relationship coach….she’s a spirit guide. She’ll help you reconnect with your soul and move forward into the world in entirely unexpected ways. You’ll love it.
Support groups can be profoundly helpful too.
When I first started on this healing journey, I really needed some extra support in getting enough strength to support myself. I was incredibly lucky to come across an online support group for mood disorders. Called Bipolar Advantage, the group covers incredibly useful information for learning to live with mood disorders of all sorts. They also meet once a week to chat about the information covered throughout that week and to lend each other support. Tom, the founder, is a deep and incredibly caring man. If you could use some extra support in your journey, I highly recommend checking it out.
I’ve also found a few useful supplements and tinctures…
First off – of course I recommend you check with your health care professional before adding any of these into your own routine.
- Deprezac by Herbal Formula is designed to “Enhance Positive Mental Feelings.” You take a dropper full of this tincture in a glass of water a couple times a day for about six weeks. It’s always hard to say for sure how much any one thing lends to better health, but I do believe this tincture has helped me.
- Deep Sleep tincture, also by Herbal Formula, has been a great option for me to turn to when I’ve been struggling to get a good night’s sleep. I don’t use it every night because my sleep has been gradually improving, but it’s a great tool when I’ve had a couple bad nights to help get me back on track.
- Lithium Orotate is a natural low does lithium available over the counter. Lithium is a mineral which our body needs to process stress and anxiety. Every time our blood sugar spikes, we burn up a little bit of our lithium. Since we eat lots of carbs and sugar, our blood sugar spikes quite often which leaves many of us with low levels of lithium. Locations that have natural lithium in their water supply show a lower rate of suicide and violent crime. Interesting, right? I’ve been taking this supplement for about a month and it HELPS. Again, please do check with your health care professional as natural lithium can be toxic in too large of quantities…so it’s important to make sure you use it right.
- Lastly, this Nano-Enhanced Hemp Oil has been useful in helping calm the nerves and relax when I get a bit stressed out. It’s super fast acting and all you have to do is squirt a bit under your tongue.
Now for the fun…
I can’t tell you how meaningful this month has been to me. Over the past year, I feel like this blog has been missing something….SOUL. This month showed me how the merging of your soul’s passion with your talents can lead to phenomenal results in the world.
Thank you for taking the journey with me.
Would you LOVE to win this box of yarn???
In Order to Enter to Win:
1. Remember to get your one free pattern (no price limits!! Yes, my $12.99 Create-A-Long patterns are available…) associated with my North Star November event if you haven’t already. You’ll find the information to get that here. I’ve extended the coupon code to be good through 12/4/18.
2. Help me spread the word.
I’m seeing SO MUCH VALUE in sharing this blog with you as a place for real life talk as well as crochet and knit fun. The more people we can get to come visit the blog, the more free patterns and down to earth conversation I’ll be able to offer you. I really, really, really want to do more of this. Could you please help me by spreading the word to your crafty friends? It helps so much more than I can tell you! There are social sharing buttons at the top of this post, and you can also copy and paste the link to whatever forum you choose to share on. Thank you so much in advance for this.
If we have enough entries, I’ll do another giveaway soon.
3. Fill out the Rafflecopter form below to be entered.
Entries will be accepted through 12/10 at 11:59pm (MST). Winner will be randomly drawn and announced here on the blog between 12/11-12/16. United States winner will receive the lovely Berroco yarn shown in this blog post (valued at $70!). International winner will receive a $50 Etsy or Amazon gift card (I’m sorry it has to be different, but shipping internationally get tricky).
a Rafflecopter giveaway